Re: [SLUG] Third of a dozen questions

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 21:25:44 EST

I have a Kodak DC4800 which uses compact flash, will this work
with that camera also?

I purchased d pcmcia desktop card adaptor kit and then found out
that there is a kernel problem with cf cards and the desktop pci
kits I tried to get a isa kit but they are no longer in production...

When you mount the card is it just
mount lexar?

If I can use the USB support I will not worry about the pcmcia
slot (I can use it for wireless lan cards, they DO work in it)

On Friday 02 November 2001 16:58 L, you wrote:
> I have a little USB lexar jumpshot compact flash reader that I mount as
> a normal user. Here is my fstab entry for the card.
>
> /dev/sda1 /lexar auto defaults,user,noauto 0 0
>

> scott
>
> On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 01:34, Bob Stia wrote:
> > On Thursday 01 November 2001 06:35 am Andrew wrote:
> > > drop the umask and suid?
> >
> > Did that and it doesn't change anything. Still don't know why I can't
> > mount my USB camera as a user

> > Did that originally - Didn't help
> >
> > Still continue to get the error message, "Only root can mount
> > /dev/sda1 on /mnt/usbhd"
> >
> > Question: Is there some rule in Linux that only root can mount a
> > /dev/something ?? Even if the ownership on the device is changed
> > to someone other than root?

Chuck Hast
KP4DJT
kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com
To paraphrase my flight instructor;
"the only dumb question is the one you DID NOT ask resulting in my
going out and having to identify your bits and pieces in the midst of
torn and twisted metal."