Re: [SLUG] Third of a dozen questions

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 00:09:32 EST

As far as I know, lexar's jumpshot cable works with USB enabled compact
flash, which as far as I know is only from them. I do know that other USB
compact flash readers work in Linux - I think Sandisk and Multitech are two
of them. - check the linux usb pages to see which ones are supported. You
may have to compile the kernel yourself for them to work, however.

For my card, I just mount /lexar to access the card, then treat it like any
other mounted file system, copying, moving, or deleting files. When I want
to remove the card, umount /lexar unmounts it.

scott