Re: [SLUG] apt-get & KDE

From: james martinez (jmarti16@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 03:19:24 EST

Something I found that worked better than trying to use the ncureses install
for Debian was to install Progeny. Then use the instructions from their web
site to crossgrade to Debian Woody. It does take a good amount of time to do
this since it downloads and upgrades pretty much most of the system. But I
did have pretty good luck with it. And I have found that Gnome-apt is a
pretty good alternative to command line apt-get you can just scroll through a
list of packages and select what you want to install. This is how I installed
the latest version of KDE available for Woody on my system.