Re: [SLUG] I got this from Washtenaw LUG

From: Tim Wright (t.wright1@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 00:20:41 EST

Good stuff!

I remember CP/M, and like the original VW Bug, it's strength was in its
simplicity, fewer bells and whistles to go wrong. Makes me nostalgic for the
days of DOS 3.2 and rebuilding your own carburator on the back porch.

Outside of turning M$ spin-doctoring back on the Redmond gang, it does make a
nice argument for keeping things simple. Something that Microsoft forgot and
can go a long way in promoting the stability of Linux and UNIX. I have to use
NT at work and find it necessary to administer Brain Enemas to my workstation
anywhere from two times a week to three times a day. It gets so bogged that
it won't even shut down, so I have to yank the power cord. I have yet to see
that happen with a UNIX or Linux box. Likewise, Windows NT is the only OS
that I can bring to its knees with a corrupted Excel file or just by
composing an e-mail in MS-Exchange. Either M$ is peddling defective
products, or I'm a better saboteur than I thought I was.

Let us know when this guy makes his comparison of Windows NT to a brick. I
could use a few more laughs.