Re: [SLUG] Linux on Laptops

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 19:54:24 EST

I have a Toshiba 1605CDS with Mandrake 8.1. I am able to use every
feature of the laptop without problems. The only part that was
difficult was getting the modem to work. I found a driver for it, as it
is a winmodem, and now it works too. I have a pcmcia nic and it
functions perfectly. I use my laptop for everyday development in java
and C++ without issue.

My only dissapointment is the battery life, which really has nothing to
do with the OS, but my next laptop will have a lithium battery. I've
looked at many IBM laptops and I think I will buy one of those next.

Regards
Russ W