[SLUG] worth of firewall-in-a-box hubs?

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 16:31:08 EST

One of my PCs died (MB won't post (beep) when powered up, probably fried
the BIOS or processor) so I'm building a whole new home network. I've
currently got a Linux machine running firewall connected to Road Runner.

I'm considering replacing it with one of those Linksys (or other)
firewall-in-a-box ethernet hubs. Wondering who out there has had
experiences on either side of the fence with this kind of setup, or should
I stick with the Linux machine running everything?

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com