Re: [SLUG] Modem Pooling

From: Jim Wildman (jim@rossberry.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 22:11:15 EDT

In both cases, some clever login scripting will do. Hyperterminal
(telnet) to the Linux/modem server. Auto script the connection from
there using sudo for root access as necessary. Then the user merely
picks the right connection to make, and the Linux box does the rest.

You could even make a ppp over ethernet connection to the Linux box,
which then started up the 'real' connection....

Jim Wildman, CISSP jim@rossberry.com
614-404-1897 http://www.rossberry.com