Re: [SLUG] Installing LILO on new HD?

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 10:58:29 EDT

The way I would do it once you have a shell,

mkdir a (or your name of choice)
mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb3 a (then the directory a (your linux root
partititon) should contain an empty /boot directory)
mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb2 a/boot
chroot a (makes a the root directory)
cd / (go to the root directory, which is now a)
/sbin/lilo -v (since your hdb3 is the root, it will use the lilo and the
lilo.conf that you want to use)
exit (does away with the chroot stuff)
cd /
umount a/boot (umount your drive b partitions)
umount a

shutdown and reboot

scott