Re: [SLUG] Hi....question time again...

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 04:17:10 EDT

Anita Pesola wrote:

> Hubby asked me to put this out for public consumption. He's thinking
> about starting a computer shop for sales and service that is strictly
> geared to Linux users. You know, building computers with the Linux OS
> installed (he's thinking Mandrake, but he's not sure). Two questions
> come to mind:

> Any ideas or input? Thanks!!!

   Installing LINUX for others to use, sounds just like winblows to me.
I kind-a think of a person installing LINUX as the ground school for
LINUX flight training.

   Why pick a version to install? Why not offer every distribution
there is? Why not have after hours classes in the back of the store*
to teach the basics of M$ free LINUX and demonstrate jobs like burn
a data CD and a music CD. (from mp3's) and when they are finished
installing their choice, they make themselves a copy of their chosen
distribution to take with them, with the new confusor you sold to them,
with them.

* discovery classes free, installation & user classes included in the
premium price of confusor, give the class material to each graduate on a
CD to take home. Don't forget to serve Cuban sandwiches, they are healthier
than Pizza pies and more Tampa.
(all hardware fully supported by all versions of LINUX especially the HD
controllers)

       73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
    100% LINUX, 100% of the time. SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm