Re: [SLUG] Verizon/GTE DSL

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 20:49:29 EDT

Sorry to burst the bubble there Time Warner Cable only gives regular
resident service between 468 to 512 k down average and 256k up.
2 megs is Bussiness Class now. So it is not that big of a deal any more.
Yeah sure if you live out in the woods and are the only one with
cable it is ok but once you get 2 to 3 people in your neighbor hood it is
nothing better then DSL speeds or less.

TW Road Runner Bussiness class for $410.00 a month will only get you 4mb
down and 1.5 mb up.
Rapid System DSL 7 mb down 2.5 up $149.00.

2mb down and 1mb up was around $69.00 month versus the 512k down and Road
Runner actually only promisses 200k of that and 256k up for $49.00. I would
say if you can get DSL and Cable check the rates! Where I am at Road Runner
$uks.