Re: [SLUG] Suspicions confirmed!

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 18:55:21 EDT

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:00:26AM -0400, Timothy wrote:

> Steven;
>
> I know I'm taking the risk of being accused of trolling BUT IMHO Red
> Hat has gone the way of Mickey$oft. First, the emphasis on GUI's and
> the denigration of the command line configuration.

Welcome to the world of computers in the 21st century. Red Hat's not
alone in this. Even Debian is using a GUI install these days, from what
I hear. It's what happens when thousands/millions of Windows users
decide they want to mess with Linux.

I'm with you. I prefer the command line. But look at the daily
freshmeats, and you'll find that most of the programs being developed
are GUI. It's the wave of the future. Sucks, but there it is.

Paul