Re: [SLUG] HP not Linux Friendly

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 23:15:33 EDT

> She said that without the original operating system,
> the tech would not be able to QC the system before

> sending it back to me.

> for 3 weeks, you lose your Warranty. I went out and spent $15 for a new
> fan, but what do I do if something major dies on me?

   Then you would need to buy a small cheap HD, 20 gig for $79 or so and
switch drives, send them an empty drive let them do what they want,
when you get it back, switch them back, put the 20 gig on the shelf,
when the warrantee is over, put it in as /hdd1 and store mp3's on it.

  Get an in-home warrantee next time. (or learn build your own)

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997 SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm