Re: [SLUG] Pathing limits conundrum - SLUG list server

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 02:39:15 EDT

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 12:46:25PM -0400, Ken Billings wrote:

> John,
> As you can see from the headers of your last message, the SLUG list
> server can be _extremely_ sluggish delivering mail. Sending the message
> multiple times doesn't really help. ;)
> I asked Paul Foster about this a long while ago, but I don't recall the
> answer I got. Paul, can nothing be done about this?

As someone mentioned, there's no manual intervention on incoming posts.
And unfortunately, since this facility is supplied free of charge, it
isn't tops on NKS's list of things to do today. It may be that sendmail
queues up and then fires off every hour on that host. I simply don't
know. I'll forward this to them on our support list, though typically
they listen directly on this list.

Paul