Re: [SLUG] Mouse vexation

From: Logan (logan1304@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 16:50:10 EDT

On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 15:47, Marc W. wrote:
> Logan,
>
> Here is the pointer section from my XF86Config. I have a Logitech
> optical wheel, should work fine for ya. I'm running SuSE (pretty much
> out of necessity...long story) but I had to recompile XFREE from source
> because the wonderful people at SuSE forgot to include GLX support --
> which meant no Quake3.
>
> What version of X are you using? Looking at my config now, it looks
> like you might have an older (3.x or early 4.x) version. If so, the
> speed increase is well worth the upgrade to 4.2
>
> Hope this helps,
> Marc
>

> Section "InputDevice"
> Driver "mouse"
> Identifier "Mouse[1]"
> Option "Buttons" "5"
> Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
> Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
> Option "Name" "AutoDetected"
> Option "Protocol" "imps/2"
> Option "Vendor" "AutoDetected"
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>

> On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 15:02, Logan wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,

<snip my previous message>

     I am using Debian Potato Stable, which, in turn, uses XFree86
3.3.6. I switched from SuSE 7.2 Professional to Debian and I can't
remember the old, yet stable ways. (I knew I should have kept my old
XF86Config files, but I didn't...grrr on me.) I want to keep this box
pure for a bit, before I change my /etc/apt/sources.list to allow for
unstable regalia. But even when I ran SuSE 6.2 (XFree86 3.3.x I can't
remember,) my middle button worked perfectly, so I need 3.3.6 help, but
thanks anyway! Worse comes to worse, I will just do the two button,
click thing at home, for pasting.

Logan

P.S. As a side note I am not a "Doom/Quake," flavor gamer, but
"Civilization, A Call to Power," is working perfectly on this box... too
bad Loki went Tango Uniform. Of course, I shouldn't mourn too
much,since I am not an avid gamer, but I appreciate what Loki was doing,
but I have yet to make it one level past the Medusa in Nethack! So, I
will keep pounding NetHack before moving on. Even worse, are my high
scores in NetHack, since my highest numerical score is 100k+ with a
tourist (yes, an embarrasing tourist) who found a "wand of wishing" on
the 2nd level followed by my second high score of barely 10K... ugh
yasd!

--
4:20pm up 11:54, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.10, 0.09
You can rent this space for only $5 a week.