Re: [SLUG] Hard Drive Repair

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 19:25:14 EDT

Well it set up for 5 years and it is a 386 box and I seem to recall buying the
computer in 82 or was it 83 not quite certain there so it must be 20 years or
so old.

As to freeze up. It starts, spends up, and then starts to read but apparently
the rear arm does not move because you keep hearing it click.

I have tried bouncing the computer not too hard and numerous start attempts
but so far no greater action.

Oh Yes, it did run Toms very well but I haven't tried it since the hard drive
froze.

The data I am seeking is specialized icons for visio or kvivo used in electric
power system design.

Thanks
Frank