Re: [SLUG] cheap digital camera and linux

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 11:17:43 EDT

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback on the cameras, sounds
like an olympus is the way to go. But know one has answered my question
about theses working with Linux. Except Robin. Is anyone using gphoto
on linux to get the pictures off of their Olympus or Fuji cameras.
Thanks again to everyone.
Mike M.

Scott Piper wrote:

> if you only want a camera for ebay use and want to spend the least
> amount for a decent camera, I would suggest a refurb olympus 370,
> which is fixed focal length (no zoom), and can be had for right around
> $100.
> If you want a great general purpose camera, the best deal going now is
> probably the Olympus 2100, which has a 10X optical, image stabilized
> zoom, and full auto and manual controls. It can be purchased for the
> clearance price of $350 at CompUSA stores which haven't sold off their
> inventory yet. The Brandon store had some recently.
>
> scott
>

> Andrew Wyatt wrote:
>
>> The sub $200 cameras weren't good enough even for ebay, which is the
>> main use of our Fuji. We don't bid on auctions that have poor images
>> either. (We have been selling on ebay for over 3 years.) ;-)
>>
>> -Andrew
>>
>> On Thursday 25 July 2002 05:57 pm, Mario Lombardo wrote:
>>

>>> Well, I guess if you're into sentimental memories, I'll agree with
>>> Andrew, but if you're into "eBay" then it really doesn't matter.
>>> Check out this camera:
>>>
>>> VeoProducts Capture1300
>>> 1280x960 (~1.23 megapixel)
>>> 1.5"? LCD screen