RE: [SLUG] Here's a crazy idea...

From: cwc@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 20:11:45 EDT

I think for a SLUG ISP, wireless would be the only affordable way to go. the
cost would go to each user, to buy a wiresless card, and a decent antenna. The
other major chunk would go to renting a dish on a tower(s) to beam to us our
respective protocols. this could at least serve a larger area per cost then
renting CLEC or ILEC phone/isdn or cable equipment. If the rented dish(es)
and other equipment needed is pro rated through a loan <perhaps an entrepeneur
loan via our gov't?> just consolodate loans, and if we have enough users that
pay the month fee <is 30-40 within reason for wireless broadband?>, it doesn't
sound that far fetched. The worst thing is coming up with the loan/lease for
equipment.. but alas, im not even sure of the prices... although they
probably go up everyday. :-P anyways.. have fun SLUG humans :)
-craig