Re: [SLUG] Themes and RH8

From: sanity (m9u35@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 12:10:26 EDT

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 20:12, Jason Pratt wrote:
> Ok question time again :) I installed RH8 final and can't get any of the
> window decorations that I download fromsay art.gnome.org or
> themedepot.com to work. I download the ones for both GTK 2.0 and for
> MetaCity and none work. If they do work it looks nothing like the
> screenshot of the GTK 2.0 theme that the creator posted. It just looks
> like a default GNOME theme just colored the way the creator colored it.
>
> Any suggestions as to what my problem is?

Are you aware that the sawfish themes and the gnome themes are two different
things? Gnome has themes for both. Sawfish is the window manager, it has its
own theme engine. But GNOME's desktop environment (such as buttons, scroll
bars, etc.) has its own separate them engine. Make sure you are putting the
themes in the correct folder or whatever for the GNOME themes, not the sawfish
window manager. If you are using a different window manager than sawfish, this
still applies.

--j