Re: [SLUG] A beginners question

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 00:52:44 EST

>>This is a morbid joke, right?

>>Debian for a newbie? Only if you enjoy giving yourself rootcannals on a
>>regular basis.

  I regret that that I don't have a single friend that use LINUX,

let alone use it exclusively, but I have been Slackware 100% from 1997
and I don't understand:
        Why no one on any list I am on is an advocate of Slack.
        Why no one on any list I am on even mentions Slack.
        What would be so difficult about one distribution compared
to others? The only difference I have read of, is the installation programs.
        Why any distribution lacking, say laptop support, cant the user get
the drivers other distributions use and get going the same?

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997 SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm