Re: [SLUG] problems with creating backups

From: R.G. Mayhue (r.g.mayhue@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 07:12:20 EST

On Thursday 05 December 2002 07:22 pm, you wrote:

Do you have the CDRW drive working in Linux? If so you can do:

# dd if=/dev/scd0 of=/path-to-iso

# cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,0,0 /path-to-iso

Substitute the correct device (if=/dev/???) for your CDRW in the dd
command and change the /path-to-iso to whatever you want the filename
to be. Possibly redhat-xx_disc-x.iso.

To find the correct SCSI device for cdrecord do:

# cdrecord --scanbus

Look for your CDRW in the resulting output and change the 0,0,0 to
whatever it may be.

Also change the speed=2 to whatever the CDRW's burning speed.

That should do the trick.