RE: [SLUG] linux angst in the workplace

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 14:29:25 EST

Linux in the workplace is opportunistic at best. You have to wait for an
opening and then offer the choice. It's either that or wait for a
supervisor like mine that allows me to work with Linux. You cannot
force the issue. It will backfire on you.

Eventually Linux will be in every shop,,, by choice. Be patient and
don't risk your job over it. They will equate your impertinence with
Linux and things will go from bad to worse.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"