[SLUG] linux angst in the workplace

From: Matthew Walker (mwalker_web@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 12:25:22 EST

I am wondering if any fellow linux users/admins out
there are experiencing an intolerance for linux in
their workplaces - as a workstation or infrastructure
component?

I sure as hell am.

If so, what are you doing to combat such things? Are
you slowly working your way in, (my wife tells me that
I can catch more flies with honey), or did you
overcome said ignorance by isntalling a dual-boot and
risking termination? Assuming that the earlier
scenario is common, what are some arguments that you
make to people that simply don't grasp computing
enough to truly understand that a linux workstation is
a more productive tool than an MS environment?

Currently, I am using cygwin for the sake of sanity.

Regards,

-Matt