Re: [SLUG] XFree86 re-install

From: Matthew Walker (mwalker_web@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 11:25:10 EST

most agreed. running 'panel' as a background proc has
definitely worked, although it comes up with two date
applets and other oddities. That's easy to fix, but
I'd rather get to the bottom of things.

Anyone know the init steps for XFree86 then Gnome? I
imagine that this problem is more Gnome specific than
anything else.

-Matt

--- Matt Miller <mmiller1@mptotalcare.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 10:16, Matthew Walker wrote:
> > I am looking for some XFree86 re-install
> direction,
> > (web sites, etc.)
> >
> > In the never-ending pursuit of being me and doing
> > boneheaded things, I attempted to replicate my
> GNOME
> > session over VNC on my windows laptop. It 'kinda'
> > worked, but now my linux box doesn't properly
> create a
> > gnome panel and is been rendered alltogether
> stupid.
> > XFree86 has even been known to crash a time or two
> > upon starting it. Hohum. Any guidance would be
> > excellent.
>
> A couple times in the past, I've lost my gnome panel
> due to bugs,
> crashes (usually self-inflicted), etc. I believe
> simply running the
> command "panel" restores the gnome panel as per the
> most recent
> configuration.
> --
>
> Matt Miller
> Systems Administrator
> MP TotalCare
> gpg public key id:
> 08BC7B06
>
> -- An improperly trained Samurai dies quickly.

name=signature.asc