[SLUG] Trident CyberBlade/i1 and graphics characters

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 23:24:31 EST

I've got a Trident CyberBlade/i1 display controller on my motherboard,
and am running Deb 3.0r1 and X version 3. When I go from an X
environment to a console (Ctrl-Alt-Fn), the normal graphics characters
(like arrows, lines, etc.) are now hacked up. They show up as odd shaded
areas or what have you. This is true in all consoles, and cannot be
fixed without a full reboot. A reset command will not do it. I've seen
this before on other video cards, and I just replaced them. But this
one's on the motherboard, so no replacing it.

Anyone know of a fix?

Paul