[SLUG] rsh permission issue

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 08:52:56 EST

Am having some issues with rsh. If I issue the following commands this
is what I get in return.
In each of these circumstances I am logged in as a user and not root.

>From box B:
Rsh box A echo hello response is hello

>From box A:
Rsh box B echo hello response is "permission denied"

If I just try to rsh to either box without a command, I get connection
refused on both ends. As I understand it, In these cases, without a
command, I should be logged in as if I was using rlogin.

I can ftp both ways and I can telnet both ways without issue.

Rlogin is "connection refused" on both sides

What gives? This is RH 8.0

If there any rsh conf files, I cannot find them.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"