RE: [SLUG] rsh permission issue, almost there

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 08:52:53 EST

I am making progress thanks to all of you. Matt you and Andrew have
been especially helpful.

I can now rsh <remote system> without a command and get a login.
However, from box A to Box B it asks me for a password and the other
direction I get a system prompt without having to supply a password.

>From the box A to box B , I still cannot do remote command execution
without getting permission denied.

I am beginning to think it is related to the password issue. Both boxes
have identical logins and passwords,,, I have checked.

I remember somewhere seeing an option to allow auto login and I cannot
remember where. Does anyone remember where this might be located?

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"