Re: [SLUG] Red Hat Network

From: Joe Brandt (vzd1s11k@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 19:12:03 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Robers _ SOTL" <sotl155360@earthlink.net>
To: <slug@nks.net>; "Doug Koobs" <dkoobs@dkoobs.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Red Hat Network

> Three
> 1. This is great for their profit picture and thus my RH stock.
> 2. All things considered with RH I am extremely glad I switched to
Mandrake.
> 3. Now considering that Mandrake is following down the same slippery path
that
> RH is on I am actively working at switching to Debian away from commercial
> software completely.
>
> Frank
>

> On Thursday 06 February 2003 10:12, Doug Koobs wrote:
> > While researching the problems I am having with RHN, I came across this
> > interesting article about ReHat's push to get its customers to pay for
> > their premium products...
> >
> > http://news.com.com/2100-1001-983546.html
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Doug

You people may be superintellegent geeks but you seem to have absolutely
zero business scense. In order to run any business you must get paid (as in
money) for something. Mandrake (who is in financial trouble), RedHat and
any other feasable Linux distrubution pay people to make their products
better. In order to get better products we must purchase their products.
Realistically, how many people would hate Microsoft if their prices were
reasonable? If we want a choice, we must pay for it.