Re: [SLUG] vinyl conversions

From: Larry Sanders (rhatman@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 10:03:36 EST

Cudos! Learning how to do a real project is always a good way to learn.
Keeping the vinyl after is also a good thing.

The ends are easy. The middle is going to be full of choices.
The suggestion of a preamp by Paul Braman is the right way to go.
The CDR is straight forward too. (lots of previous threads or help).
The pieces in the middle consist of some of the following:
* capture or record the audio - setting the digital quality (# of bits)
* trim the ends of the file cut off overlap
* condition / filter the recording (if desired) to minimize the pops.
* converting to the evential file format for your library.

Handling each independently, adding complexity as you go
will give you results quick. A word of encouagement although
lacking in software commands for Mandrake.
Persist!

Larry :-)