RE: [SLUG] vinyl conversions

From: Craig Zeigler (craig@caffeine-addict.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 11:04:50 EST

you need to connect your turntable to your sound card. Make sure the
connection is NOT going through a pre-amp or you will blow out your
sound card. (personal experience). Start recording on the box, and then
start the turntable. There is a lot of audio editing software out there.
You'll then create .wav files. If you want just normal audio CDs, you
can then use something like XCDRoast and just burn them. .wav is raw
audio. They need to be between 128 and 192 kbps or they will sound
weird.