Re: [SLUG] vinyl conversions

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 11:28:48 EST

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Paul Braman wrote:

> You need to get your mits on a preamp-out.

Bleh...it was early when I wrote this and Craig Zeigler's post promted me
to clear my head.

There are two connections to consider...one from the source to the preamp
and one from the preamp to the amp.

The second one, the "preamp-out" is *not* what you want. The first one,
the "preamp-in" is it. :)

Heh...I was thinking "the connection out to the preamp" and fumbled my
names.

Anyway, these types of connections are typically called "line level" and
you can find one on the back of most receivers for the tape recording loop
or the VCR out.

At any rate, you want to go *though* the preamp to make sure you've gone
through the phono stage, but you don't want to get the output that
connects the preamp to the amp.

Heh...dang that may just add to the confusion. A little knowledge of the
affected setup would help. ;)

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com