Re: [SLUG] Help, no scsi devices in Slackware 8.1 iso

From: Tom Suzda (suzda@shawus.com)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 20:55:17 EST

Joe,

Thanks for the assist, but as my previous message mentioned, I've tried all
the scsi kernels, including the adaptec.s kernel, which does recognize the
controllers. It then does a scsi bus scan, which takes about 15 minutes to
complete as it tries to find all the drives. It does report the 4 scsi
drives that are installed in the system.

The problem still comes down to the issue that there are no sd devices
listed in the /dev folder. Therefore, I can't do anything with the 4 drives
it sees. If I try a fdisk /dev/sda, it tell me there is no such device.

I guess I'm really trying to find out if this is a known issue with the
Slackware 8.1 iso image, which passed the md5 checksum, or if it's a problem
that I'm having alone with this hardware/software combo.

Regards,

Tom