RE: [SLUG] vnc2swf

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 20:58:51 EST

I want to do synch'd audio, but first I just want to be able
to generate a flash file. Once I do that the audio will come
along.

> You don't need to build into php. vnc2swf merely needs
> libming.a and ming.h
> (you may need to edit your vnc2swf Makefile and add the -I
> and -L paths to
> the directory containing these files).

OK, now I understand.

> Yes. The library and the include file.

Good then I do not need to compile the ming stuff just make
sure that when I compile vnc2swf, it knows where those two
files are. ( remember seeing them when I de-tar'd the ming
gz file.

> "xmkmf" is a wrapper from the X11 development environment for
> the "imake"
> command. You need the appropriate X11 development tools. In
> debian, these are
> contained in the "xutils" package.

OK, I think when I selected the "desktop" package for the laptop
I am doing this on I did not select the X tools. I will load them
in there.

> I've started building a site to host this content:
>
> http://training.blenke.com

I just looked at the site and registered on it. Looks real good.

> It's still under development.. I'm trying to get decent
> recordings of the
> pieces from the presentation that aren't incredibly huge.

I will be looking forward to seeing it all on there. When I
went into work the day after your presentation and told them
about vnc2swf, there were several people who told me that they
had either been looking or discussion where to find just that
exact type of application. There are others that produce files
that do similarly, but you need a proprietary viewer and they
are not swf files. With this about anyone out there can view
it.

> I'll work toward a quick presentation of building this for
> rh8 as well. The
> goal is not only to setup this website, but also to document
> the process of
> creating these vnc2swf'ed sessions so that others may contribute.

This is a Very Good Thing, indeed I want to do the same thing at
work with my wireless coverage work I do for our clients, that is
where my first use will be.

Here is the web pages on the web site of my employer dealing with
the part of the business I attend to.

http://www.utilpart.com/id59.htm

> Unfortunately, these flash files can grow very quickly if you
> don't pay
> attention to what you're recording.

Yep I had figured as much. I am sure I will have to watch "file
inflation" as I do this, but I think it is much better than doing
"power point" files.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com