[SLUG] openssh

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 13:05:51 EST

I am having trouble getting openssh to give me automatic login to my
server. I have generated the keys required and put the identity.pub key
on the server in authorized_keys file. When I login using ssh I still
get a prompt asking for my password. According to the instructions I
should be getting a prompt asking for my passphrase.

I am able to login, but I need to be able to login without any prompts
so my cron job can run. I have downloaded keychain and will begin
implementing that once I can get the clean login to the server without
it asking for my password.

I am running openssh 3.4p1-2 on the client computer running RH 8.0 and
openssh 2.5.2p2-5 on the server running RH 7.1.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"