Re: [SLUG] Copy and paste???

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 21:17:24 EST

>"Copy and paste" is one of the two most broken items that do not work
>correctly in Linux that because of preconceived ideas of standards.

Well.... every application (with KDE) I use accepts highlight + center
button pasting except OpenOffice, which does fine with Windows-style
Control-C, Control-V.

>The other major broken item is linux inability to have more than one - modem &
>Ethernet - Internet configuration (not connection) at the same time such as
>would be extremely useful for a laptop.

Huh? I have a laptop and I travel a lot. I use Mandrake, and I'm set up
for wireless, wired LAN, and dialup modem all the time. Any distribution
with decent hardware detection on boot and scripts that will load
modules (hopefully already installed) you need for the hardware it
detects can handle this without thinking about it at all.

I know from my own tests that Red Hat, Xandros, Lycoris, ELX, and SuSE
all deal with multiple connection methods, no problem. I'm sure most
others do too.

- Robin