Re: [SLUG] Copy and paste???

From: Frank Robers _ SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 08:34:30 EST

> Get my "traveler" script. I can't recall the last time this has been a
> problem, and I've been a Linux notebook user since 1996.

It was not an issue before RH 8.0 and MD 9.0. It seems that RH and MD decides
to replace Usenet with something else with a lot of GUI stuff which for some
reason I can not get to work correctly.

This basic issue is what has sowered me so on RH, SuSE, and Mandrake. They fix
something, make it work great, and then break it in the next publication and
the deny that it is broken with the excuse that you can always write a script
to do what you want as if everyone knew everything. I may be a very good
power systems engineer but I am not a good computer engineer. so writing
scripts to fix what worked in one edition and is broken in sequential
editions is not highly feasible. In fact the evasion of writing these scripts
and the ease of configuration is the only reason one would purchase RH, MD,
and SuSE instead of downloading Debian or installing Gentoo.

Frank