Re: [SLUG] Is there a Monday meeting this month?

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 21:10:12 EST

> You are probably experiencing the wonders of metacity. They decided to
> completely rewrite an entirely new window manager for Gnome2. It seems that
> the old sawfish (anyone remember sawmill?) was "krufty", and much of the
> understanding of the old source base was forgotten. Derek's take on Gnome/KDE
> development seems to fit more and more as the efforts progress.

Mmm, I remember when gnome came with enlightenment, my all-time favorite window manager. Of course, one can see how the gnome devs might have tired of waiting for Enlightenment's 0.17 release, which was promised during the time of their grandfathers, and they would probably describe the enlightenment source as having some kruft as well...

Levi