Re: Re: [SLUG] RE: Verison DSL

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 00:23:09 EST

I've worked mostly with DSL and of course dialup, and
once with RR. Other companies included Bellsouth,
Auglink(st.augustine), and various others. They all
seem to have disclaimers and such with the "average"
user (cough cough Winders) saying something about only
using one computer and such. Everytime I've grilled
them on it, all anyone ever said to me was "Well, do
whatever you want, but if you want support then you
need to run just one computer" Bah, like Steve said,
most of the time they can't tell anyway. I think it's
just a way for them to try to eek for profits out of
the sheep herd. I guess what I'm asking is this: Has
anyone out there had any contract or legal issues with
running a network behind a DSL or Cable connection? I
have heard of companies getting irritated about how
much bandwidth is used, but these days I could run 100
websites and still not come close to using the
bandwidth that streaming media uses off just one
machine.

BTW... Thanks Steve for your calm demeanor... I try
not to sound inflamatory.. and I never mean too, but
sometimes it happens.