Re: [SLUG] Lindows Update

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 09:18:48 EST

> My difficulty with such "below grade" boxes is that you will outgrow
> them sooo fast.

For some uses, I think these boxes are fine. For instance, I'm considering
getting a Lycoris box from Walmart, the <$250 box, for my wife. The only
thing she will use it for is email. I don't feel like building the system
myself, and since the OS comes pre-installed, that saves even more time. I
doubt that she will ever outgrow the system, as long email still works on
it.

BTW, is anybody running Lycoris? Any comments?

Doug