Re: [SLUG] Wine/IE6

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 16:27:57 EST

> First problem: The core part of our business is run
> over the web on a SQL server. I'm not real well versed
> with web pages and such, so I can't be real specific.
> However, after trying some things on my own, and
> finally talking with the individual who set it up, the
> whole thing is designed to be run with IE6.I've tried
> Mozilla and Opera, and can't get the pages to load
> correctly. I've not yet tried to use Wine, but will
> see if I can figure it out this weekend, and get IE to
> run on Mandrake.
> Also, are there any other Linux-compatible browsers
> that may provide more "IE6-like" functionally? I don't
> know if this is a Java function, or what. Sorry I
> can't be more specific. As I said, this is a little

It really depends on the frontend. If it's IE6 only, it might be
vb/vbscript, in which case there's really no solution of which I'm aware
for a native Linux browser. If it's javascript, you should be able to use
your choice of browser. If it's java, ditto, unless there are some
native(non-java) parts to the app.

Do the pages load partially, or not at all? Do you get the "Starting
Java" (or whatever) message with Mozilla? Have you viewed the page
source?

Levi