[SLUG] Deleted system.map

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 22:38:06 EST

I'm sure this would make a great episode for for Worst Case Scenario, or at
least Jackass... But in my eternal struggle to accomplish what no other
intelligent sane person would do, I managed to delete
/boot/modules.info-2.4.18.27.8.0. (RH 8.0) Please don't ask how, it's a long,
boring, and embarrasing story... How can I re-create this file? I've tried
reinstalling the kernel rpm, but rpm just hangs.. I've recompiled the kernel,
but can't seem to re-create this file. Any ideas? I don't think I can reboot
this system, although I assume that if everything was compiled into the
kernel, without the use of modules, I may not even need that file...
Thanks...

Doug