[SLUG] Linux TS guru's

From: cpace@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 13:01:42 EDT

I've been playing with Linux Terminal server recently and Knoppix seems to have
a very neat version installed with the new 3.2 rev. It will allow you to PXE
boot a system and pull down a full linux session off the Knoppix CD which is
hella-cool. I was wondering how would I do the same thing from within a booted
Windows OS. In other words I have, for example, Windows 2000 up and running and
I want to boot up a session off of the Terminal Server from within Windows. Is
there a client I would need. I know I can get a Xserver for Windows and do it
that way but to my understanding, the Linux TS functions a little differently
and X over the network is kinda slow and bandwidth intensive. Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated.

Pace