RE: [SLUG] matrix nmap plug

From: Peter S. (linux@myraandpete.net)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 19:01:46 EDT

SSH CRC-32 bug is from SSH 1, which was resolved in SSH 2. Coarse', now
there are some vulnerabilities in SSH 2, published Dec. 2002 (joy). The
vulnerability depends upon the vendor (I believe that OpenSSH is not).
I would hazard a guess that the Matrix computers have to be on SSH 7 (or
higher). The vulnerabilities in SSH 2 are certainly not as harsh as
what Trinity was running. "SSHredder" is what I have read about but
have not tested.

http://www.rapid7.com/advisories/R7-0009.txt
http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/389665

Pete