Re: [SLUG] need video help

From: Derek Glidden (dglidden@illusionary.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 13:42:03 EDT

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 13:20, Brad Smith wrote:
> Am I correct in understanding from their website that xig actually offers decent 3d support for

No matter how good their support might be, I would never recommend doing
business with Xig. As a company, they see the whole open source
community as a resource to be bled and abused with no remorse and have
nothing but contempt for OSS users and developers. They only support
their server on Linux because they know they can make money doing it and
go out of their way to alienate their users and explicitly NOT support
Linux development in any way.

I had a short email conversation with some of their people a couple of
years ago that speaks more loudly to their attitude towards their users
and the developers they are selling into than anything I could say in
email. I'll gladly make it available if anyone asks. (And I got
permission from them to post their side of the conversation as well.)

"We all enter this world in the    | Support Electronic Freedom
same way: naked; screaming; soaked |        http://www.eff.org/
in blood. But if you live your     |  http://www.anti-dmca.org/
life right, that kind of thing     |---------------------------
doesn't have to stop there." -- Dana Gould