Re: [SLUG] Help with Dual Boot Installation

From: Backward Thinker (backwardthinker@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 22:03:05 EDT

> If I include the boot floppy when I reboot, Linux comes up
> fine. If I do not include the floppy, I get GRUB on the
> screen and the computer locks up.

Anything particular cause the lock up to occur, or does it
happen pretty much immediately? Or as soon as you select
Windows or some such?

> I have run the Win2000 CD to do a repair and everything
> appears to be intact on the win side but I just cannot get
> Windows to run.

You can always fdisk /mbr your disk 0 to clear out the grub stuff and get back your windows boot, but having to pull in and out your linux boot disk if you switch back and forth often will probably get old fast.

Are you sure when you were installing linux you did not touch disk 0 except for grub on the mbr?

~ Daniel

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!