[SLUG] Help with Dual Boot Installation

From: Michael Fisher (desTubes@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 19:40:35 EDT

Ok, I am a Linux newb but experienced in the M$ Windows
world. My goal is to have a dual-boot computer so I can
compile Half-Life Mods for both Windows and Linux
servers.

I installed Windows 2000 on disk0. Next I added an additional
hard drive, cleaned it off and installed RedHat 8.0 on disk1.
During the RH installation I chose to create a boot floppy disk,
which I thought was similiar to a Windows recovery disk. If
I include the boot floppy when I reboot, Linux comes up fine.
If I do not include the floppy, I get GRUB on the screen and
the computer locks up.

I have run the Win2000 CD to do a repair and everything
appears to be intact on the win side but I just cannot get
Windows to run.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Thanks,

Michael Fisher