Re: [SLUG] Dual-boot laptop

From: Casey (casey@cmdrweb.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 19:55:31 EDT

The laptop that I use is running Slackware 9.0 w/ dropline gnome. I
tried RH 8 & Mandrake on the laptop before, but it was sluggish.
Slackware seemed to go in the easiest, give me the least problems, &
seem easy enough to dual boot w/ Win XP. Configuration is just as easy,
except, there is no gui for configuring certain features. As far as
power management goes, it is as simple as un-commenting a kernel module.
I found that as far as size, speed, and over-all stability on my laptop,
slackware is a great choice.

CR