Re: [SLUG] Gentoo: Destroying KDE

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 12:20:28 EDT

> Please let me know how you like fluxbox or E, because I'd like to try
> them some day. Screenshots would be cool, but I don't know if the list
> allows them...

E is great! It's very featureful and very configurable, allowing you to
make it as lean or as candy-filled as you want via its builtin GUI dialogs
and menus. There are tons of themes for it, and it's very stable. On the
down side, it's been at version 0.16 for a very long time, and the
development version, 0.17, is somewhat less than usable. Plenty of
screenshots at http://themes.freshmeat.net

I've never been a fan of blackbox or its derivatives, so I don't have much
to say about fluxbox.

Levi