Re: [SLUG] Suse ISOs here!

From: Aaron Steimle (asteimle@washpat.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 22:10:21 EST

Good point, I forgot that SuSE does not allow _sharing_, it is stated in
the EULA. Which I might add was a bit hard to find last time I looked.
They have made it quite bit easier.
http://www.suse.de/us/private/support/licenses/index.html

One note, last time I read it ( about 8.1 release ago) it clearly stated
you could install on all computer that were within the household and I
believed mentioned something to the nature of family members also. The
license now doesn't seem to mention that anymore. It is also not clear
what the restriction are in term of how many if many at you can install
on your personal computer. I not even sure if I am allowed to install it
on 2 of my personal machines.

It seems the license is geared more for modifications to YaST.

I don't use SuSE as my primary or even secondary machine. I use it as
the public computer for my roommates. If the license has changed to
Microsoft format I am afraid they will loose a customer. FWIW, I have
purchased 8.1 and 8.2. Heck I even purchased Redhat 7.0- 8.0. I did
end-up downloading 9. Sometimes it is just easer to go the the store and
buy it. Plus you get stickers with the retail box ;-)