Re: [SLUG] Wireless network problem possibly DHCP?

From: Ian Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 14:30:09 EST

Russ Wright wrote:
> Well my wife has a win 98 laptop running the same wireless usb nic. Hers
> works perfect and in fact if I boot my laptop in win 98 it works just fine
> too. I think it is in the config of my linux wireless.

Sounds like a DHCP client problem. Probably something to do with your
ifup and/or pcmcia or hot-plug-n-play network scripts.

This probably has nothing to do with your wireless configuration. Treat
this problem like it's a wired connection - see if someone isn't having
a similar problem in the support forums. Do you have a normal ethernet
card handy to see if it works?

>>What shows up in your system logs when the lease is obtained?
>
> What log is this in and I'll look.

Usually /var/log/daemon.log or /var/log/messages, and possibly
/var/log/syslog.

--
- Ian C. Blenke - Director of Service Delivery <icblenke@nks.net>
(This message bound by the following: