[SLUG] Mandrake 9.3 or 10.0

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 14:50:42 EST

Hi Eric and ALL

The question as first poses was academic but now has moved to the critical
list.

Background
Having installed Mandrake a number of times I was supprised a couple of months
ago when I could not get Mandrake to function wit DSL. Some of you may recall
my taking the laptop to the Tampa meeting and the modifications made there.

Unfortunately those modifications did not solve the issue as at that time I
had no idea what the problem was.

What i discovered is that if one updates Mandrake on-line the system WILL
crash. If one does NOT up date there is no problems.

Well last night I attempted to add programs from the DVD disk that should no
way have affects connection to the internet. They did. That is not the only
internet issue either.

This computer has a We Fi card in it. Placed there by IBM without my
knowledge. Anyway due to the previous mentioned issues Mandrake 9.1 was
reinstalled at the office which has a We Fi transmitter. Something else I did
not know. So I was quite supprised when I had internet connection and I was
not connected to the internet cable. Worked on the system all day like that
and only didcovered I was not using a cable connection when I started home.

Good We Fi works. No, bad. As there is now a fight between my We Fi and cable
system as to which is going to control the system.

If one recall Romerlo news article the other day. Well that is what I am
asking "Does anyone know when Mandrake going to issue a stable usable version
with out all their disconnects, failures, and bad programming?"

Frank